If you have been injured or harmed in the Chicago area by the carelessness or intentional wrongdoing of another, the Chicago accident lawyers of Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard P.C. can help. We assist accident victims in recovering damages for losses associated with the injuries they sustain. This can include compensation for medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress and other related damages. We also assist those who have lost family members to an accident caused by another.
At Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard P.C., we have proven ourselves time and again, providing diligent representation to our clients throughout Waukegan, Cook County, Lake County and surrounding areas. We have secured more than 180 verdicts in excess of $1 million in a wide range of accident situations. To learn more about the services we provide to our clients and schedule a free consultation with one of our Chicago accident lawyers, call us today at 888-615-8730 or use our online form.
Getting Help from Chicago Accident Lawyers
Since our firm was established in Illinois in 1982, we have recovered more than $630 million in damages for our clients. We are a leading Illinois personal injury law firm of skilled accident attorneys and dedicated staff members, with two convenient office locations in Chicago and Waukegan.
Our award-winning attorneys are members of prestigious organizations, including the American Association for Justice and the Illinois Trial Lawyer Association. They have been recognized as Rising Stars by Super Lawyers as well as earning a place on the Law Bulletin Publishing Company’s “40 Under Forty Attorney List.”
Our Chicago Accident Attorneys Have A Wide Range of Experience
The most important recognition our attorneys receive is the satisfaction of the clients we have helped by obtaining the compensation they deserve after a Chicago accident. Our legal professionals have helped clients to recover damages for accidents that include:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Aviation Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Jet Ski Accidents
- Transportation Accidents
- Highway Construction Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Drugged Driving Accidents
- Reckless Driving Accidents
- Passenger Injuries in Car Accidents
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists Claims
- Nursing Home Negligence
The compensation you may obtain depends on the seriousness of your injuries and the circumstances surrounding your accident. However, hiring a qualified attorney is the best way to ensure that you make the strongest case possible.
Obtaining Accident Compensation
Our Chicago accident attorneys will assist you in a number of different ways when you are involved in an accident in Chicago. For instance, our lawyers will:
- Explain to you the requirements of making your case. You will need to prove that the party you are seeking to hold responsible breached a duty to you. In most situations, you can prove that the party breached this duty by being more negligent than a reasonable person would have been in the same position. For instance, if no reasonable driver would have taken a risk that the driver in your accident case did, that driver can be considered negligent and legally responsible for your injuries.
- Help you to gather the evidence necessary to build a strong case. The burden is on the plaintiff in personal injury cases. The plaintiff must prove both negligence and that the negligence was the direct cause of injury. We can help you to gather the proof you need by obtaining evidence from the accident scene, maintenance records, eyewitness testimony and the testimony of experts. Throughout our years in practice, we have developed relationships with both accident reconstruction specialists and medical experts. We have the ability to help you make the strongest case possible.
- Assist you in proving the extent of your injuries. Your recovery of damages is directly related to how severely you were hurt and the economic and non-economic losses you endured. We’ll help you to show how serious your injury was so you can maximize compensation for pain and suffering and other damages that are hard to place a value on.
- Help you to identify all possible defendants. In many Chicago accident cases, there are many people who could potentially be held responsible. For instance, in a truck accident case, you might go after the trucker for compensation. But you could also seek damages from his employer.
- Negotiate a settlement with the potential defendant. If you want to avoid the time, stress and hassle of a court case, our personal injury attorneys can use their expert negotiating skills and knowledge of compensation in Chicago accident cases to obtain a fair settlement offer. When you settle, the defendant (or, in reality, his insurance company) will pay you an agreed amount. In exchange, you will release the party from liability.
- Assist you in fighting for your rights in court. If you do not want to settle, you can take your case to court. A jury will decide liability and award damages. Our Chicago accident lawyers are seasoned litigators. We know how to present a strong and solid case so there’s the best possible chance of a jury or judge finding for you and giving you the compensation you deserve.
Contact Our Chicago Accident Lawyers Today
These are just some of the many ways that our Chicago accident attorneys can help you in your case. To learn more about the legal services we offer and schedule a free, no-obligation consultation, call Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard P.C. today at 888-615-8730 or use our convenient online form.