Get A Free Consultation

Tap To Call: 312-372-1227

11 Do You Have a Case?

If you suspect that your loved one is being abused or neglected in a nursing home, you should contact the Illinois Department of Public Health without delay. The IDPH can investigate the case and take appropriate steps to address the problem.

Reach out to a lawyer who will make sure your family’s rights are protected.

However, in many cases, the harm has already been done, or the investigation by IDPH may lead to an unsatisfactory result. This is why you should also reach out to a lawyer who will make sure your family’s rights are protected.

When you call an attorney, you should be ready to provide important information about your case. The following are questions you may be asked:

  • What was the age of the victim?
  • How long ago did the incident occur?
  • What type of compensation are you looking for?
  • Did the incident occur at a state or privately facility?
  • As a result of the incident, does the victim have long-term injuries?
  • Is the victim still alive?
  • Will the victim require long-term medical care to treat the injuries?
  • What prior medical conditions did the victim have?
  • Did the victim have dementia?
  • Was the incident investigated by authorities?
  • What was the result of the investigation?
  • What information did the nursing home give you after the incident occurred?
  • Were there prior instances of potential neglect or abuse?
  • Did the nursing home or outside authorities look into these potential events?
  • Was there a care plan in place for the victim?
  • How long had the victim been at the facility prior to the incident?
  • If the incident involved a fall, did the victim have a prior history of falls?
  • Did the victim require supervision?
Download PDF eBook
Respect. Recognition. Results.
Best Law Firms
Super Lawyers Top 10 Illinois
Patrick A. Salvi - Lawyer of the Year
The National Trial Lawyers
Avvo Rating 10.0
Salvi Schostok & Pritchard P C BBB Business Review