Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard, P.C., Reveals Infographic on 10 Deadliest Counties for Illinois Drivers
Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard, P.C., has released an infographic on the 10 deadliest counties for Illinois drivers. A car accident is among the primary causes of death of people all over the world and is a common issue in the Illinois area. Almost every day, people die and suffer from severe injuries from car crashes.
Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard, P.C., shares the infographic based on crash data from the Illinois Department of Transportation. According to the data, the top 10 deadliest counties in Illinois (considering fatalities as a percentage of the counties’ total population) are:
In addition, the Illinois Department of Transportation revealed that:
- There were an estimated 281,788 car crashes on Illinois roadways in 2011, or about 772 car wrecks daily.
- About 835 fatal car crashes led to the deaths of 918 individuals. It is believed that there are more than two people killed daily in Illinois due to vehicle accidents.
- Illinois car crashes produced around 11,942 injured people. Some of these injuries included broken limbs, severe lacerations, chest or skull injuries, as well as abdominal injuries.
Car accidents killed 32,885 people across the country in 2010. It was also estimated that about 2,239,000 individuals were injured in 5,419,000 car crashes that year. Some victims of car accidents were children ages 14 and younger. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1,210 children lost their lives and 171,000 children were injured in crashes in 2010. There were also around 5,484 individuals ages 65 and above who died and 189,000 injured due to traffic crashes in 2010.
Other car cash facts include deadliest modes of transportation and the rate of deaths per 1,000 accidents, which are the following:
- Motorcycle over 150 cc – 39.95316845 deaths per 1,000 crashes
- Motorcycle under 150 cc – 2.604166667 deaths per 1,000 crashes
- Pickup truck – 1.92127353 deaths per 1,000 crashes
- Truck-tractor with semi-trailer – 1.355203514 deaths per 1,000 crashes
- Passenger car – 1.19916821 deaths per 1,000 crashes
- Van – 1.023990638 deaths per 1,000 crashes
About Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard, P.C.:
Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard, P.C., is a law firm that offers legal services for victims of personal injuries due to car crashes and other accidents. The firm’s lawyers fight for maximum compensation for injured clients and uses smart legal strategies to meet the clients’ needs. Read our Google reviews…
Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard P.C.
161 N. Clark St. #4700
Chicago, IL 60601
Patrick A. Salvi concentrates his legal practice in several limited areas primarily involving a trial practice in cases concerning serious personal injury, medical malpractice, wrongful death, and mass torts. Mr. Salvi has achieved record-breaking jury verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients, including serving as lead counsel in obtaining an Illinois record-high $148 million jury verdict and a Lake County record $33 million jury verdict.