Compassion, experience, results and reputation – these qualities distinguish the Illinois personal injury attorneys of Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard P.C. We provide the highest level of service to each and every one of our clients, and we strive to make a positive impact on their lives.
Since our law firm was established, we have obtained $1 billion in verdicts and settlements on behalf of accident and injury victims throughout Illinois, including more than 230 cases with an award of $1 million or more.
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Defective products.
Every case starts with a timely, free and completely confidential consultation. We can learn more about what happened to you or your loved one, and we can help you to understand your legal rights and options. Don’t wait to take action. Contact us today to discuss your case.
Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Illinois
Patrick A. Salvi established our law firm in 1982. Through the years, the firm has grown to feature two offices and a legal team of 18 attorneys and more than 35 staff members, allowing us to serve clients in not only the Chicago area but throughout Illinois:
- Adams County
- Alexander County
- Bond County
- Boone County
- Brown County
- Bureau County
- Calhoun County
- Carroll County
- Cass County
- Champaign County
- Christian County
- Clark County
- Clay County
- Clinton County
- Coles County
- Cook County
- Crawford County
- Cumberland County
- DeKalb County
- DeWitt County
- Douglas County
- DuPage County
- Edgar County
- Edwards County
- Effingham County
- Fayette County
- Ford County
- Franklin County
- Fulton County
- Gallatin County
- Greene County
- Grundy County
- Hamilton County
- Hancock County
- Hardin County
- Henderson County
- Henry County
- Iroquois County
- Jackson County
- Jasper County
- Jefferson County
- Jersey County
- Jo Daviess County
- Johnson County
- Kane County
- Kankakee County
- Kendall County
- Knox County
- Lake County
- LaSalle County
- Lawrence County
- Lee County
- Livingston County
- Logan County
- Macon County
- Macoupin County
- Madison County
- Marion County
- Marshall County
- Mason County
- Massac County
- McDonough County
- McHenry County
- McLean County
- Menard County
- Mercer County
- Monroe County
- Montgomery County
- Morgan County
- Moultrie County
- Ogle County
- Peoria County
- Perry County
- Piatt County
- Pike County
- Pope County
- Pulaski County
- Putnam County
- Randolph County
- Richland County
- Rock Island County
- Saline County
- Sangamon County
- Schuyler County
- Scott County
- Shelby County
- St. Clair County
- Stark County
- Stephenson County
- Tazewell County
- Union County
- Vermilion County
- Wabash County
- Warren County
- Washington County
- Wayne County
- White County
- Whiteside County
- Will County
- Williamson County
- Winnebago County
- Woodford County
You can find our Chicago office at 161 N. Clark Street, Suite 4700. Our Waukegan office is located in the heart of the city’s downtown district on North Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.
Our law firm has received a Tier 1 rating in Chicago by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® in the areas of Plaintiffs’ Medical Malpractice Law and Plaintiffs’ Personal Injury Litigation for six consecutive years. We also have been listed among the “Best Places to Work in Chicago” by the Chicago Business Journal.
For several years, our case results have been among the highest reported in the annual Jury Verdict Reporter / Chicago Daily Law Bulletin Settlement Survey. Many of our cases have also resulted in the highest verdict or settlement reported in the counties where they were litigated or in the state of Illinois for a particular injury type. Those results include:
- $33.2 million car accident verdict on behalf of a young man who was injured as a passenger in a car operated by a drunk driver (largest verdict in Lake County history)
- $15.35 million medical malpractice settlement on behalf of a child who suffered brain injury at birth (largest settlement in DeKalb County history and one of the largest of its kind in Illinois)
- $13.3 million medical malpractice verdict on behalf of a child who suffered a brachial plexus injury at birth (largest verdict in Illinois history for an injury of this type)
- $11 million medical malpractice verdict on behalf of a child who was diagnosed with cerebral palsy due to brain injuries at birth (largest verdict in Jefferson County history)
- $8.25 million medical malpractice settlement on behalf of the family of a child who died due to a pharmacy error (largest settlement of an infant wrongful death case in Illinois).
Our Personal Injury Law Firm’s Community Work in Illinois
In addition to our legal work, our firm is highly involved in charitable and civic activities in the communities we serve. Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard P.C., has sponsored numerous events and helped to raise funds for organizations such as the Chicago Legal Clinic, Prairie State Legal Services, CASA Lake County and Concussion Legacy Foundation.
We also work closely with the Michael Matters Foundation, which helps to raise awareness about brain cancer, support medical research and provide financial support to families dealing with a loved one’s brain tumor diagnosis.
Our attorneys have participated in events such as serving as volunteer judges for the National Collegiate Mock Trial National Tournament and giving presentations at Law Day events at local elementary schools in Chicago and Waukegan.
Additionally, our lawyers are frequently interviewed by Illinois media outlets and asked to share their insights on a diverse range of legal issues affecting our state’s residents such as new Illinois driving laws, insurance coverage in ridesharing accidents and gun manufacturer liability.
Our Illinois Personal Injury Lawyer Practice Areas
Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard P.C., focuses exclusively on providing legal representation to those in Illinois who have suffered injuries or lost a loved one due to the negligent or other wrongful conduct of others. We assist clients in many different practice areas, including:
- Medical Malpractice – For many years, a major focus of our practice has been on protecting the rights of those harmed in Illinois by the negligence of medical professionals. We have experience in many different types of medical malpractice cases, including those involving birth injuries, misdiagnosis, surgical errors, medication errors and hospital-acquired infections.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – We work with victims of Illinois car, truck and motorcycle accidents. We can assist with filing a claim against the driver who caused your crash or, if necessary, filing an uninsured / underinsured motorist (UM / UIM) claim with your own auto insurance provider.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents – Our firm helps victims of bicycle accidents and pedestrian accidents in Illinois to hold negligent drivers accountable for the harm they cause. If you or a loved one was injured in a hit-and-run accident, we can explore all options available through your own auto insurance.
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect – All too often, nursing homes in Illinois fail to provide the level of care that elderly and disabled residents deserve. Our firm consults with a full-time nurse paralegal on our staff to identify cases of nursing home abuse and neglect and works aggressively to seek just compensation for victims and their families.
- Premises Liability – When a private, commercial or government property owner in Illinois allows dangerous hazards to exist on their premises, slip and fall accidents can happen. Victims can turn to Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard P.C., for the legal help they need with their premises liability claim. We also work with those harmed due to negligent security such as at a hotel or apartment complex.
- Workplace /Construction Accidents – In many cases, a worker injured at a construction site or other workplace may go beyond workers’ compensation benefits and seek damages that include pain and suffering. We help workers and their families to pursue third-party liability claims against non-employers who are at fault for a work-related injury or illness such as mesothelioma.
- Defective products – We believe in protecting the rights of consumers and patients harmed by defective products, including flawed medical devices such as metal-on-metal hip implants or potentially dangerous prescription drugs.
Our law firm often accepts referrals from other Illinois lawyers who cannot take on cases due to timing, conflicts and other factors that make it necessary to have a case handled by a trusted colleague. We also may refer cases to other Illinois law firms when appropriate.
What to Expect When You Contact Our Illinois Personal Injury Law Firm
If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident of any kind in Illinois, your first priority should be to get medical attention and treatment. Doing so protects your health. It can also protect your right to compensation. The longer you wait to get medical treatment, the more room it gives an insurance company to argue that your injury was not accident-related.
If you were involved in a motor vehicle accident, you should also request a copy of the accident report. You can get a copy by going directly to the law enforcement agency that responded to your accident such as the city police department or county sheriff’s office. If the Illinois State Police responded to your crash, you can request a copy of the accident report by going to:
Illinois State Police
801 South 7th Street, Suite 700-A
Springfield, IL 63703
If you encounter any problems with obtaining a copy of your crash report, our firm can help. This report often serves as a starting point in the investigation of your case.
After you or a loved one has been involved in an accident or discover harm caused by suspected medical malpractice or a defective product, contact Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard P.C. We can provide an immediate review of your case. Our initial consultation will be free, and everything we discuss with will be held confidential.
A consultation with our firm will serve two objectives: First, we can learn more about your case. We will take the time to listen to you and hear about how your injuries arose. Second, we can address any questions you may have such as:
- What damages can I seek in a personal injury or wrongful death claim?
- How long does a case usually take?
- Will I need to testify in court?
- Will I be able to afford a lawyer?
Once we take on your case, we will work quickly to gather and analyze evidence. We also will consult with experts in fields such as medicine, nursing home care, engineering, workplace safety and accident reconstruction. Our goal will be to prepare your case as if it is going to trial.
However, not all cases that we handle at Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard P.C., end up in the courtroom. In fact, most cases can be resolved through a pretrial settlement.
Whether a case is tried or settled generally depends on whether the at-fault party’s insurer extends a settlement offer that will fully and fairly compensate you for all of your damages, including:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost income and diminished future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages (if the case involved especially egregious misconduct).
If a trial is necessary in your case, you can count on our team to present the strongest case possible on your behalf. Our attorneys are highly skilled litigators who know how to present compelling and persuasive cases in the courtroom.
Most of the cases our law firm handles will be litigated in the Illinois Court System. However, depending on the facts of your case, it may be proper to file a claim in federal court such as the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Our law firm can also continue to represent you if any post-trial motions or appeals are filed. We have extensive experience with appeals in both state and federal court, including:
- $29.1 million medical malpractice verdict – The Seventh Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals upheld the verdict which attorneys David J. Pritchard and Patrick A. Salvi II obtained on behalf of a child who suffered brain damage due to a neonatal infection.
- $9 million wrongful death verdict – After a Lake County jury awarded a $7.5 million verdict to the family of a child who died due to anesthesia-related errors, our firm represented the family as the defendants appealed to the Illinois Appellate Court and Supreme Court of Illinois. The $9 million judgment paid to the family included interested that accumulated while the case was on appeal.
Keep in mind: Settlement negotiations may continue while a case is on trial and even after a trial is concluded. Regardless of whether your case is resolved through a verdict or settlement, our firm will move quickly to handle any liens that may be attached to your recovery and to efficiently disburse the funds you are due.
We will charge you no legal costs or fees unless we obtain a financial recovery for you. This is called a contingency fee agreement. In this sense, you assume no financial risk by working with our law firm.
Contact Our Illinois Personal Injury Attorneys Today
If you have been injured or lost a loved one due to the negligence of another person, company or government agency, contact Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard P.C., to get the legal help you need.
Illinois limits the period of time you have to file a personal injury or wrongful death claim. For this reason, you should not delay getting in touch with us. We can begin working on your case right away.