The motorcycle accident attorneys of Salvi, Schostok & Pritchard P.C. have extensive experience in helping riders and their families with legal claims, and we want you to call us if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident because of another motorist’s negligence.
Motorcycling is a popular recreational activity and mode of transportation for thousands of Illinois residents. Motorcycle ownership has increased dramatically in the past few years. In 2006, there were 287,892 motorcycle registrations. Motorcycles now make up 4 percent of all registered vehicles.
Motorcycle accidents are usually caused by someone other than the cyclist. The comparatively small size of motorcycles means other motorists may not see them. That’s especially a problem where the vision of other motorists may be obscured. Motorcycle accidents typically occur during a car accident, when the two vehicles collide.
- About 70 percent of all motorcycle accidents occur at intersections, where bikers may be less visible than cars.
- Other accidents occur where a motorist’s line of sight is partially blocked by buildings, parked vehicles, trees or undergrowth.
- Motorists who do not keep a proper lookout for motorcycles may turn or pull out in front of them, causing a catastrophic collision.
- In some instances, motorcyclists are hit from behind because they’re able to brake much more quickly than heavier vehicles.
- The end result of a collision between a motorcycle and a car can be devastating, and the motorcyclist usually suffers the most severe injuries and damage. A collision between a larger vehicle such as a truck or bus can be even worse due to the sheer size and weight of these vehicles.
It’s important to know what steps to take should a motorcycle accident occur. Those include notifying your insurance company and contacting an attorney knowledgeable about motorcycle laws. Insurance companies are especially cautious with motorcycle-related claims, and the insurance difficulties that normally face automobile drivers are magnified for bikers. The attorneys of Salvi Schostok & Pritchard P.C. know insurance company defense tactics. They also know how to present your case to maximize compensation for your injuries.
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a motorcycle accident caused by the negligence of another motorist, Salvi Schostok & Pritchard P.C. has the experience and the compassion to help you. To learn more about our impressive credentials, please contact us for a free, no-obligation consultation.